How to Make Matcha
Description: Our Matcha is a culinary high quality IZU Green Matcha that is made to Japanese specifications. It has a jammy-like smoothness that is packed full of antioxidants. Our Matcha is a luxury grade style Japanese Green Tea and Gyokuro that has a light astringent finish.
You will not find a better priced Matcha of this quality!
If you want the health benefits of matcha but are not crazy about its flavor, we’ve got you covered: check out the recipe for a matcha-infused banana nice-cream, below!
- High in antioxidants loaded with catechins
- Most potent anti-cancer fighting
- Boosts memory & concentration
- Increases energy & endurance
- Burns calories
- Detoxifies the body
- Fortifies the immune systems
- Improves Cholesterol
- Lowers the risk of Heart Disease
How to make Matcha:
Matcha is prepared by whisking the powder in hot water (not to exceed 175 degrees)to create a vivid green tea paste. If prepared correctly, the outcome is a delicious smooth and creamy frothy, espresso-like feel.
- Place one teaspoon of matcha in a matcha bowl or a small salad bowl.
- Add 2.5 ounces (70ml) of hot water (about 160-175 degrees)
- Whisk briskly with a bamboo chasen or hand frother for up to 15 seconds until rich and foamy.
- Place your mixture in a cup/mug
- Pour hot milk* of choice in your mug
- Stir and enjoy!
*We recommend using almond, oat, or cashew milk. For a thicker cup, try whole milk or cream.
Nice Cream Recipe:
- Cut 2 bananas into round pieces.
- Place bananas in the freezer overnight or for at least 3-4 hours
- Using your blender, add the desired amount of milk of choice (approx. 1- 1 1/2 c)
- Add 1 teaspoon of matcha
- Add desired amount of frozen bananas (more for thicker consistency)
- Blend until a smooth texture
* Try adding 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract if desired. Makes approx. 2 servings. Do not re-freeze